Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Ever since receiving my SmartBoard, it has become more and more an essential part of my teaching. Most days, I can't go more than 30 minutes after turning it off before I have to turn it on again. As such, a lot of times, I just leave it on through our activities so that I don't have to wait for it to start up. It was on the other day and I received an e-mail (or 10) from my mom discussing what to get my dad for his birthday today. Since I use Outlook at school, a little pop-up showed in the bottom corner of the screen, and since clearly ANYTHING is more interesting than my teaching, about 15 sets of eyes darted to see what the new email was about. They were able to see the subject before I regained their attention, which led to a whole discussion about whose birthday it was (it clearly said Dad's Birthday), when it was, and if we could make him a birthday card. Not wanting to break 20 little hearts by not allowing them to show appreciation for a person they've never met, I agreed. So, from Room 21 to the World's Greatest Dad.... Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday also to Mrs. Heidi Jones, Long Division Master/Machine/Weenie Pete/the best Skippyjon Jones voice-impersonator I've ever heard! :)


The highlight of their day was signing this card!!

No comments:

Post a Comment